Services to support you in your parenting

It can be really difficult to find parenting support and parenting programs when you don't have your child living with you.  Here are some local services that provide parenting support groups to parents whose children have been removed. Click on the service logos to be linked with the website.



Relationships Australia
Offer parenting programs to parents whose children have been removed.
Contact the Broadmeadow office to register interest.


Family Support Newcastle
Family Support Newcastle runs parenting courses. To find out more information and get into contact with NFSS, follow the above link. 


Family Action Centre
University of Newcastle – My Kids and Me Program
The My Kids and Me Program is a 7 week program designed specifically for parents whose children are in out-of-home care and kinship care. The program aims to assist parents to strengthen your relationship with your children, develop skills to engage with your children, look after yourself, know the legal system and build a better future for yourself. To find out more, contact Kerri Bird, Coordinator of the Hunter Outreach Project on 02 4921 8685.


Parenting resources site:

Resourcing Parents
Resourcing Parents provides parenting education information to parents and carers of children aged 0 to 18 years.